2017 National Jamboree - Live Scouting's Adventure
July 19-28, 2017
Stonewall Jackson Area Council Contingent
To apply for the 2017 National Jamboree participant (youth and contingent adult leadership) you must complete the following two steps:
Step 1: Log in to the National Jamboree website of the Summit at: www.summitbsa.org/events/jamboree. From this site, you will create a user account and then follow the instructions to register.
Step 2: Complete the SJAC application which can be found at the bottom of this page. A non-refundable deposit of $200 must be included with your SJAC application. Application deadline is March 15, 2016
In order to attend you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least First Class Scout
- Must be at least twelve (12) years of age by the first day of the Jamboree or an 11 year old that has graduated the 6th grade, but has not reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by your unit leader and the Stonewall Jackson Area Council.
- MUST have appropriate parent/guardian to complete the online parental consent. (An email will be sent to the parent/guardian during the application process.)
- Have filed a Jamboree Personal Health History and Medical record with the Stonewall Jackson Area Council Jamboree committee before the pre-jamboree training.
- Submit all registration fees according to the Stonewall Jackson Area Council payment schedule.
The 2017 SJAC fee is $1,300 for youth which covers the Jamboree fee, transportation, contingent t-shirt, patches and other items needed for your exciting 10 days at the National Jamboree. Some scholarships may be available but will not be for the full amount of attendance.
Please note that the Jamboree will be more physically demanding than ever before – BE PREPARED!
We’re sure you know someone who attended the very first Jamboree in 2013 held at the Bechtel Summit Reserve and can give you a firsthand overview of what a great experience the Jamboree offers. If you or your parents have any questions, please contact Cindy Zollman at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 540-460-4832.
Youth Registration - SJAC Form BSA National Form BSA Medical Form
Contingent Adult Registration - SJAC Form BSA National Form BSA Medical Form